We can classify Transmitters as shown below. The Measured Parameter Temperature, Flow or Events Has to reach an Intelligent Data Storage and Analysis System. It may just be an Human Operator who jots the data on a Notepad and Turns a Few Dials based on his Experience or an embedded controller. It could even be a Computer Network or a Web Application used,
- Analog Transmitters - Like 4-20mA Loop.
- Electrically Isolated Analog Transmitters.
- Transmitters that need to be Intrinsically Safe.
- Digital Transmitters and Optical Interface.
- Wireless Transmitters and TCP-IP.
Process Control Instruments and Custom Solutions has been my core Strength. The RTD Pt-100 Transmitter with 4-20 mA output shown here was used in numbers with a 4-20 mA Analog Multiplexer. This was in turn monitored/controlled by a PLC SCADA System to monitor many points in a large Industrial Plant. The external multiplexer makes unlimited channels possible with a Standard Analog Input and Digital Output Module.